Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

You've had a tuff week of learning. Keep your chin up, move on, and ignore some. Just keep up the practice. It WILL get better.
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
HoodLyfe
    Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:53 pm

I'll probably get flamed for this but I'm a manual pulse welder. I learned this way from a unbelievable welder/fabricator. Teaches control, allows you keep the heat out etc etc ......BUT.... Its kinda got its time and place. IMO for fusion welds it works great, I also seem to use this practice when welding aluminium for the most part. But when welding stainless unless it's a lap joint, I have found it will hinder your performance. Especially if welding pie cut tubing or well any butt joint.
I mostly am a member on a car forum, in the performance sections (turbos and shit). Have been for many many years. Sometimes we feel like broken records and may come off as asses sometimes. But, mostly its cause we have been there done that. A lot of those times it cost us valuable time and money. So, listening to knowledgeable guys that dedicate there time to participate on an internet forum should be greatly appreciated. This is how to get ahead of the game. Learn from those that have been there. There is much more knowledge to be had here, then BookFace , Instagram, Tinders or whatever. Those are where the You Tube Scholars hang out. Its easy to Google and type the "right" answer. But, its the tricks of the trade that you will learn from the hands on experienced. Having a "teacher" ready to respond to you at all hours of the day/night is priceless.. Don't knock it, embrace it.

/rant

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
    Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:31 pm

I'm a mostly pedal pulser except for stainless. This is .083"4130 chromoly. The machine was set(if memory serves) to around 140 amps. Note the color and lack of HAZ. Anyone that tells you manually pulsing with the pedal increases heat is doing it wrong
Attachments
20110314082249b.jpg
20110314082249b.jpg (222 KiB) Viewed 732 times