Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

I've seen mine toss the cut piece across the shop at a velocity that would do serious harm! Found I had a missing tooth on the blade.
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
HoodLyfe
    Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:53 pm

tungstendipper wrote:I've seen mine toss the cut piece across the shop at a velocity that would do serious harm! Found I had a missing tooth on the blade.
I quickly bought a horizontal band saw to be done with it. Unless u can really clamp the work piece hard, I wouldn't even think about using it. Its great to cut wood now

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
bruce991
    Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:31 pm

I can attest to the Rage saw being a beast to respect, I had a chunk of saw chaff get down my backside of the neck and oh was that hot. As for welding if it helps I have been TIG welding since the 70's, in food processing, in my shop and on farms. Many friends who are in their 60's as well and no ill affects from welding. And other than basic eye protection no horror stories other than an occasional skin burn. I do find the most dangerous part of the TIG experience is the dust from grinding tungsten on a pedestal grinder. I should have respiration mask or some form of ventilation around the grinder.