Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
D&Bserv
    Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:14 am

I picked up a pretty good side job that involves some aluminum welding, making solar panel brackets about 100 of them. I am using a Lincoln Tig 175 Square wave machine and wanted to know what is a good tig trigger switch that would go with the machine I'm using? Thanks D&Bserv
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

It’s a bit pricey, but it is a good quality, plug and play option for you.

http://www.6061.com/tigbutton.htm

D & B check this one out, a few members have this and like it, I've never used it but it sounds like a good way to go.

They do list the lincoln Squarewave TIG 175 as a supported machine. PM Oscar if you want to ask him any questions as he has one
Richard
Website
    Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:15 pm

This is the one I will be ordering: https://www.ssccontrols.com/product/touch4/
They have a good review, reputation, an actual physical address, they answer a posted phone number and answer guestions.
The others don't. Try to contact that tig control.com and you will see what I mean.
Ernie F.
dave powelson
    Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:09 am

I've used the Tig Button the last 6 months--Dynasty 350
My miller foot pedal now sits in a box.
Metal man--I believe I contacted TigButton as to your prior complaint.
FWIW--I've had excellent support from them.
Being able to use thumb or finger pressure to ramp up and down--smoothly
thru the whole current range set; without having to use lots of hand/finger movement
(which inevitably makes one lose tight control of the torch position/attitude--which
occurs with both the east/west and north/south style controls)....is a very big deal
for me; especially in out of position work.

Additionally, one can easily slide the control uP, Down and around the torch body handle
for ergo metrics, allowing for whatever thumb or finger to be on the control and comfy.
Not having to dick around with a foot control is great.

Before buying, I asked this forum's Oscar what he thought of it.
D&Bserv
    Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:14 am

Thanks to all that replied to my post. I will check them out. D&Bserv