Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:21 pm

I have a Lincoln Idealarc Tig 250/250 that I have had since new, long time. I have recently started doing more aluminum and feeling like my foot control is not tapering off the way it should. Maybe from age or dirty. Foot control is a Lincoln K813.
Question, if I replace the control should I use the Lincoln K870 or the one from SSC controls?, which I have heard a lot of good about. Or is the K813 good enough to just get cleaned and serviced if I can?
Thanks for any input.
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Do it Right Today!
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

Me I would go with the SSC...I got one for my syncrowave and LOVE it
Multimatic 255
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

I use the SSC on my Dynasty and really prefer it to the Miller pedal. I’ve used my buddy’s Lincoln IdealArc with that pedal, and also prefer the SSC to it. I find it to be slimmer and wider for better placement of my foot and because it’s lower and slimmer, it’s more comfortable standing all day with your foot on it in my opinion.
Graveyard
    Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:31 am

SSC! You won’t regret it. I have one for one of my machines and it’s very well made and super smooth. When the pedal on my main machine starts acting up I’ll be getting another SSC for it as well.
    Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:15 pm

Maniak wrote:I have a Lincoln Idealarc Tig 250/250 that I have had since new, long time. I have recently started doing more aluminum and feeling like my foot control is not tapering off the way it should. Maybe from age or dirty. Foot control is a Lincoln K813.
Question, if I replace the control should I use the Lincoln K870 or the one from SSC controls?, which I have heard a lot of good about. Or is the K813 good enough to just get cleaned and serviced if I can?
Thanks for any input.
I have the same machine with the same K-813 original foot pedal. I never had to do anything to it (knock on wood). They are built like bulldozers. I would first try to clean it out, maybe some type of electric contact spray? I'm thinking out loud here and not sure what the best approach is.
On a recent phone call to SSC about another unit I learned they make foot controls for Lincoln. They have a good reputation and they do answer the phone. I would give them a call and get some info from them about how you could service the K-813 or what the benefits of a new unit would be.
Only thing I did to my pedal was to replace the original housing with aluminum to lighten it up because as you can see by the added strap I move it around the work often. The welds on the strap are ugly because I had to weld them without the foot pedal! I had it assembled and didn't want to put all the guts back into the steel pedal just to weld that. :roll: (lazy bas....d)
Attachments
footpedal.jpg
footpedal.jpg (44.51 KiB) Viewed 622 times
Ernie F.
    Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:21 pm

Thank you all for the response's I will first try to clean the pedal and see if that helps.
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Do it Right Today!