It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:09 pm Advanced search

High Frequency Arc Stabilizer in photo?

Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process

High Frequency Arc Stabilizer in photo?

Postby warp2diesel » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:06 pm

I TIG welded 37 years ago and want to get back into it for my hobbies. I have owned the MW Power Craft High Frequency Arc Stabilizer for years but never converted my buzz box to DC so I could hook it up. I had an itchy index finger in a hotel one night when I was browsing, so I ordered a Harbor Freight Inverter Tig/Stick welder. Ya I know my finger popped the button too soon before I find this web site.
Is there a chance I can use the High Frequency Arc Stabilizer to weld Aluminum with the HF Inverter welder?
What I find strange is that the HF Inverter welder came with a #17 torch made by Binzil Abicore and my old TIG torch has the same model number #17 and has a lot in common, just older.
Does any one know who made the High Frequency Arc Stabilizer for MW so I can get a manual?

OH, the HF unit is going to get a foot control, should be easy, just build one with a 5K pot and use the trigger switch on the torch.
If I get the itch for a better unit Santa may drop the HF unit off at my son's place. :lol:
warp2diesel

Return to Tig Welding - Tig Welding Aluminum - Tig Welding Techniques - Aluminum Tig Welding