Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
h24
  • h24
    Thu May 10, 2018 4:59 am

I reposted this here, seems there is more traffic than the general discussion section. Well, I tried to do some research before purchasing this unit. I thought it seemed like it was going to be fine, but then I see alot of problems with the earlier units. I thought maybe having the plasma would be a good idea. But after reading about problems with the combined units, I'm kinda worried. It is on its way and to be delivered in a couple days. But now I'm thinking I should have went with just the 250ex. Are the old problems with the combo units still happening with their current models?
TheBeardedWelder
    Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:42 am

h24 wrote:I reposted this here, seems there is more traffic than the general discussion section. Well, I tried to do some research before purchasing this unit. I thought it seemed like it was going to be fine, but then I see alot of problems with the earlier units. I thought maybe having the plasma would be a good idea. But after reading about problems with the combined units, I'm kinda worried. It is on its way and to be delivered in a couple days. But now I'm thinking I should have went with just the 250ex. Are the old problems with the combo units still happening with their current models?

without ever using an Everlast, im not speaking from experience. You should be fine with a new unit, if there are problems that arise in the future just return it.
h24
  • h24
    Thu May 10, 2018 4:59 am

Yeah, I called Everlast this morning and brought up my concerns, granted a lot of those posts were from 2010-2013ish. He stated that they switched away from Hf plasma on the newer models. He was saying that having Hf tig and Hf plasma was might have caused the reliability issues with the older versions. So hopefully some truth holds up to that statement. I was hoping to hear from some of the guys that have this unit for some time and if they have had any issues over an extended period of time.
MarkL
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:09 pm

You might post on the welding forum at tractorbynet.com. Everlast is a sponsor and they monitor the forum for questions.
Lincoln Square Wave 200
Lincoln 225 AC/DC
Harris Oxy/Acetylene torch