Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
rahtreelimbs
    Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

I have a bunch of loose tungsten and need a tube of some sort to store them in......anyone have a suggestion?
Demented
    Sun May 06, 2018 11:51 pm

Cigar tubes, copper tubing and plumbing parts, PVC, or some jewelers bur holders work well (for 3/32" tungsten).
"Your welds should sound like bacon. If your welds smell like bacon, you're on fire." - Uncle Bumblefuck (AvE)
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

I use color-coded Altoids tins. Red, Blue and Green. I cut them in half and sharpen both ends, drop them in, and have a constant supply.
Graveyard
    Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:31 am

If you want to spend some money I have a buddy that makes and sells ceramic tungsten holders and back caps. shayspec.com otherwise some 1/2” threaded pipe with a couple pipe caps works fine.
nelson
    Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:21 pm

cj737 wrote:I use color-coded Altoids tins. Red, Blue and Green. I cut them in half and sharpen both ends, drop them in, and have a constant supply.
I don't like spearmint altoids...do you have another suggestion for green?

Oh wait. I have an inverter and can't use pure...

Nevermind !
Stone knives and bearskins.....and a NEW EVERLAST 164SI !!!
That's my newly shared work welder.
At home I got a Power Tig 185 DV. Nice, but no plasma cutting... Nice tight arc after a second.
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

nelson wrote:
cj737 wrote:I use color-coded Altoids tins. Red, Blue and Green. I cut them in half and sharpen both ends, drop them in, and have a constant supply.
I don't like spearmint altoids...do you have another suggestion for green?
Oh wait. I have an inverter and can't use pure...
Nevermind !
You can use pure with a Inverter, its just not needed and lanthanated works equally well, if not better. I still use it on thick ally with my Dynasty on occasion.