Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Graveyard
    Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:31 am

So I was welding yesterday and now again tonight and I’m having issues with the arc start, it’s like it just electrifies and arcs up and down the tungsten. I have not changed my setup one bit aside from sharpening a new price of tungsten (white) and starting to weld. I have been welding with these specs and equipment for months with no issues until now. I have a a good ground on clean bare metal. Just not sure what is up. Gonna try a new piece of tungsten and see if anything changes but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Machine: Everlast 325EXt
Amps:60
Pulse time on: 95%
Pulse amps: 10%
Pulse Freq: 64hz
Up slope: 10
Down slope:5
Post flow 5 sec

Straight argon @ 25acfh
#8 gas lenses with a furick cup
Attachments
A317AD7F-10E4-4C43-98B4-F657A99C6444.jpeg
A317AD7F-10E4-4C43-98B4-F657A99C6444.jpeg (30.8 KiB) Viewed 735 times
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Does your machine have points? Are you using the high freq?
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Demented
    Sun May 06, 2018 11:51 pm

Try touching/scratching the tungsten on the piece you're welding and see if it helps. I've had to do that once or twice with my Everlast and that's fixed it.
"Your welds should sound like bacon. If your welds smell like bacon, you're on fire." - Uncle Bumblefuck (AvE)
    Fri May 11, 2018 3:36 pm

first of all turn ur gas down... to around 18-20 cfh... my answer to this is your ground... put the ground ON the workpiece and see what happens... also turn everything off like pulse and up slope and down slope.... when troubleshooting you want to eliminate all variables possible. also white tungsten is far from my first choice. go with blue or blue lol. 2% lanthanated. let us know what happens.