Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
ogorir
    Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:04 pm

anyone used one of lincoln's inverters? I've seen the 200a one on ebay for less than $3k new, so it's starting to compete with the everlast 250ex pricewise, at least in my opinion. looking at the spec sheet, it looks less crippled than the miller dynasty 200, but I've never welded with either.

the features on the 300a unit are pretty sweet, though. the customizable waveform looks like it would come in handy on thin sections. unfortunately, that's what you lose going down to the 205-t.

I think my LWS has one, so when I get closer to buying a dedicated TIG, I'll see if I can get some seat time with it.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I'm a big fan of inverters in general, and the job I just finished used the Lincoln Invertec 275 (16 of them, and several Miller D500's) I like the hell out of this machine. Reliable starts, smooth consistant arcs, and a long duty cycle. We didn't have any trouble until the roof crew started burning jet-rod (DCEN @ 275A). Three machines died from continuous use at WFO.

I didn't get to TIG with these, but the impression I got was that the characteristics would hold down to the minimum setting. (I've TIGged with Miller's equivalent unit, and was very satisfied.)

In short, I'll take an inverter over a transformer for anything I do.

Steve