Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Warrenh
    Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:31 pm

Please keep us in your prayers. I live in Port St Joe and we were about 15 miles east of landfall. The city is destroyed. No power for now and the near future. I haven't seen the shop yet but was told it was ok. Our house is OK but we have a huge oak down in the front of it.

I have a go fund me listed as hurricane Michael relief, you can find it by the picture of a cross with a rainbow over the bay. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have no idea when I will be able to work.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

My shop and two houses were wiped flat on aug 23 1992. Hurricane Andrew. I had no insurance ( or mortgages) and maybe 12 grand in the bank. By Dec of 1992 I had made over 2 million in profit.

Forget the go-fund-me and sharpen the chainsaw. If you're an old man get a couple kids to run it and drag garbage. Most ins co. automatically allow $2000 for post storm cleanup. May be a whole house ?, may be a mail box.Usually a mix of stuff. Same fee. Go buy a backhoe....NOW
No credit for that ? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

Antorcha
curious how you cleared 2 million in 4 months....
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

motox wrote:Antorcha
curious how you cleared 2 million in 4 months....
4 Months by his calendar. Storm clean-up rates for equipment and clearing are paid at very high rates by Municipalities and Insurance companies. Hire a few crews, equip them, do the heavy lifting and dirty work, and it pays handsomely. Not really something the average Joe can do as they need a Biz License and Bond for serious work. But, residential clean ups paid by private insurance is still very good money.

A buddy owns a Heavy Equipment company. They do Storm and Snow clearing. Makes huge money between Sept and December. Dozers, backhoes, loaders, and Lowboys to move it all around. Power companies pay very big money for clearing of debris too.
Warrenh
    Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:31 pm

I bet he took the 2 mill and opened a pawn shop and check cashing business to continue his roll of taking adantage of people who are struggling. Please don't help me. I don't want a penny of that kind of money. Enjoy it now because the bible says a rich man has as much chance of entering heaven as a camel passing through the eye of a needle.

Go get a massage and facial.

Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Warrenh wrote:I bet he took the 2 mill and opened a pawn shop and check cashing business to continue his roll of taking adantage of people who are struggling. Please don't help me. I don't want a penny of that kind of money. Enjoy it now because the bible says a rich man has as much chance of entering heaven as a camel passing through the eye of a needle.

Go get a massage and facial.

Easy There tiger. If the needle is big enough the camel can make it. The rich man does have a chance!
I have more questions than answers

Josh
angus31632
    Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:55 am

Antorcha wrote:My shop and two houses were wiped flat on aug 23 1992. Hurricane Andrew. I had no insurance ( or mortgages) and maybe 12 grand in the bank. By Dec of 1992 I had made over 2 million in profit.

Forget the go-fund-me and sharpen the chainsaw. If you're an old man get a couple kids to run it and drag garbage. Most ins co. automatically allow $2000 for post storm cleanup. May be a whole house ?, may be a mail box.Usually a mix of stuff. Same fee. Go buy a backhoe....NOW
No credit for that ? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I’ll take the insurance and power companies money all day long. Georgia Power been pays my bills on occasion. Good on ya bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk