Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
DennisCA
    Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:58 am

The last figure I believe has todo with how much an effect the angle has on the shading or quality of vision. Like if it's good at only seeing straight on or if things seen from an angle to the lens are equally shaded/clear.
RPat
    Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:30 pm

Yes, the helmet is the "Clearlight" lens. I actually like all aspects of this helmet except for one small glitch and it could be the config's that I have on it now: In the spring/summer when the sunlight is very bright, any kind of reflection will trigger the dark lens mode, which on one hand is good but on the other is annoying.
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

RPat wrote:Yes, the helmet is the "Clearlight" lens. I actually like all aspects of this helmet except for one small glitch and it could be the config's that I have on it now: In the spring/summer when the sunlight is very bright, any kind of reflection will trigger the dark lens mode, which on one hand is good but on the other is annoying.
Set it to Xmlde, and use the AUTO adjust feature to detect the ambient light sensitivity. Should settle that down for you.
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Well, after about a week of watching videos and reading reviews, my gut told me to go with my first choice. So I just ordered the Speedglas 9100xxi along with a few cheater lenses and a FREE BONUS STARTER KIT worth $31.00 value. I was down to the Speedglas, the Viking 3350, and the Miller Digital Infinity. I think I will be happy once I try it on. :D

You know there are businesses that rent out camera lens, maybe someone should start a welding hood rental business, that way you can try before you buy :roll:
Richard
Website
RPat
    Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:30 pm

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. I'll set those configs and see what happens.
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

LtBadd wrote:You know there are businesses that rent out camera lens, maybe someone should start a welding hood rental business, that way you can try before you buy :roll:
That would be nice. :D But I am positive the Speedglas will be better than my dead Miller Elite. But the Miller did last over 8 years. 8-)