Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:30 pm

Can someone recommend a good water-cooled TIG torch? I have an AlphaTIG (200 amps) with a 17-series torch.
I was socially distant when social distancing wasn't cool.
    Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:58 pm

CKWorldwide, Profax. Weldcraft(Miller)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

hi chips....IF you do an internet search for water cooled torches you will find many. You will have to make the decision as to your wallet and desires. I have a couple 20 series water cooled torches (can't tell you what brand they are without looking) which I find comfortable for my broken hands and fingers. You will have to make sure that the torch that you do decide on will connect to your machine. I don't know if ahp has their own brand or use a popular brand. You could give them a call and ask what they might recommend or do your own search. ck (worldwide??) has some. BUT I will tell you this ... when you get and use it,,,make certain the cooler is working and pumping water :oops: . I never turn my cooler off, even if i'm using a gas cooled torch. If you're looking for recommendations, I can imagine you will get a few different answers. Also, make sure that you will have the accessories for the water cooled torch. My 20's use the same parts as my 9. I might have an 18 and "think" it uses the parts of a 17 and 26. I hope I didn't confuse you with my typing. Let us know how you make out.
Bill
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

WeldTec / TecTorch makes awesome torches. Their speedway torches are awesome. I use the i-head Roto-head for my TIG.
dgapilot
    Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:00 pm

You ask about the torch, but didn’t ask about a cooler. What cooler are you planning to use?

I’ll second CK for torches and consumables

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
David

Everlast 210 EXT
Lincoln AC225
Lotos LTP5000D
Oxy-Acetylene

I've never had the chance to try the Weldtek Speedway torch, but I did see them at Fabtech last year and they do look nice.

Oscar, do they use the standard torch consumables that you'd use on a CK torch?

I have used CK for many years, one thing to look at is the duty cycle, CK is 100% on AC and DC for their water cooled torches. Well at least the 20 series that I use, I can't say I've check the spec for every torch.
Richard
Website
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Yup, standard consumables.
Lightning
    Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:55 pm

Even the "standard" versions of the WeldTec/TecTorches are nice. Their WT-20H looks very much like a WeldCraft WP-20 but it has a bigger conductor and takes the full 310A of AC that my Sync250 will put out.

I've heard that WeldTec/TecTorch was started by a guy who left WeldCraft and then improved upon WeldCraft's designs.
    Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:30 pm

I have been out of town, but I saw the responses, and I will make use of them. Thanks.
I was socially distant when social distancing wasn't cool.