Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

It's a very wide bead for such thin wall tubing, puts too much heat into the joint unnecessarily and we see you're dragging contamination in with it.
I would pulse weld it and step in a straight line with the pulses. Do it right and it's pretty too.
Also I'd go a larger cup, 10 or 12. That way the joint will come out almost uncoloured.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

just a thought or 2. IF the spot was from the cup/tungsten or gas, you would think it would be a bit more consistent. The picture does show some holes in the outside of the tube from what, I don't know. Is there a definitive line of those holes where the weld is crossing? That discoloration inside the tube....when you are welding, are you crossing that line and pulling something from the discoloration and burning it in the weld? IF there's one thing I've learned, it's never use never except when talking about a fart ... NEVER trust a fart.
gramps
Gdarc21
    Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:44 am

BillE.Dee wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:03 pm just a thought or 2. IF the spot was from the cup/tungsten or gas, you would think it would be a bit more consistent. The picture does show some holes in the outside of the tube from what, I don't know. Is there a definitive line of those holes where the weld is crossing? That discoloration inside the tube....when you are welding, are you crossing that line and pulling something from the discoloration and burning it in the weld? IF there's one thing I've learned, it's never use never except when talking about a fart ... NEVER trust a fart.
gramps
Id be guessing about the weld but farts, they can be very deceptive. :lol: