Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Gdarc21
    Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:44 am

We are having lockdowns in Oz at the moment and Id already stocked up on filler and gas with hopes of riding out the psuedo apocalypse on blue glow.
But found an issue with my remote torch control not setting amps and holding them properly. My relationship status with aluminium is now 'complicated' , we both wanna but without AC I don't know how to.
Me and my ac tig have been inseparable since I found that AC pulse through a 26 made me feel like a 'real boy'. 3 weeks after I bought the wife made it live in the shed, 'I don't care how well you wipe it down first its not coming in house....its a tool' :shock: hurtful words, but we worked through it, the welder and I that is. My mig is not much consolation but it trys god bless him.
So for a week or two its all DC scratch action. Raging a little on the inside but I will cope. :lol:
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

what tig welder do you have ?
tweak it until it breaks
Gdarc21
    Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:44 am

WIA 200 acdc
Its smooth as when its working. I thought it was something to do with the fancy arse sgt26 torch that came with it, but I was wrong.
Not really stressing too much they always back thier gear 100%. I gave them the serial number and he was like 'Yup, its the potentiometer. We had a couple already'
Tis only inconvenient, no tradgedy. Just means I back to being the DC scratch tigtard that I really am underneath the all the gear. No beekeeping for awhile.
Do you get WIA over the ditch mate.
I have a unimig aswell, they apparently can take a bit of punishment but mine don't. Unimig usually my second go to brand. Some jobs can be 300km plus from anywhere so gotta trust your gear even if you have to pay a bit extra for the privilege.
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

Gdarc21 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:08 am WIA 200 acdc
Its smooth as when its working. I thought it was something to do with the fancy arse sgt26 torch that came with it, but I was wrong.
Not really stressing too much they always back thier gear 100%. I gave them the serial number and he was like 'Yup, its the potentiometer. We had a couple already'
Tis only inconvenient, no tradgedy. Just means I back to being the DC scratch tigtard that I really am underneath the all the gear. No beekeeping for awhile.
Do you get WIA over the ditch mate.
I have a unimig aswell, they apparently can take a bit of punishment but mine don't. Unimig usually my second go to brand. Some jobs can be 300km plus from anywhere so gotta trust your gear even if you have to pay a bit extra for the privilege.
yes we get WIA over here. i have not used one at all.
most of mine are BOC.
unimig/razorweld/viper/xcel-arc are available here. my mem i think they are made by jasic.

spring is almost here and bees are warming up.
tweak it until it breaks