Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
sbaker56
    Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:12 am

I've seen more than one student shock the hell out of themselves because they instinctively lit up with the filler rod practically in between the tungsten and the work piece, one quit because of it. HF goes where it wants, including through gloves and clothing, you just have to make sure you're not an easier path to ground than your work piece.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

sbaker56 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:27 pmone quit because of it.
:lol:

Is it weird that I like getting shocked? I think it releases endorphins or dopamine in my system, lol.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

noober99 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:47 pm Did not know about the arc start away from the filler.. have not been doing that. Thanks! Also hey Oscar, picked up a Crystal 2.0 per your recommend and have to say wow... what an improvement over what I have now which is an ESAB A50 and a Miller Digital Infinity. It's not a night and day comparison but it is to my eyes... enough improvement to make a difference in my ability to see what the heck I'm doing. Now I have to decide which helmet to ebay away. The Miller is nice but heavy so might be the one to go. Anybody have both of these and can decide for me? The Optrel is light as a feather... helmets.jpg
The only "bad" thing is that it only goes up to shade 12. But aside from that, it's pretty darn good, eh? :) Order yourself some inner/outer clear plastic lenses while you're at it. I polish the outer lens with Meguirs plastic polish, and it greatly extends it's useful life, but it's not quite like new either.