Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi there,

Thats a big problem when you are learning. You tend to think that things "should just be that way" or that its your fault. Always ask questions and don't just keep ploughing on.

Mick
zeb
  • zeb
    Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:41 pm

capozzoli wrote:One thing about Tiggin aluminum is it is kinda hard to get the hang of, but once you do it is soooo easy. It is soft, clean, solidifies fast and it just goes where you want.
I wouldn't say that I am good with aluminum but now with good gas I understand what you mean. I just need the foot pedal - it was ordered and we will receive it next week. As compared to my previous attempts with bad gas, now it is a lot easier.
weldin mike 27 wrote:Hi there,

Thats a big problem when you are learning. You tend to think that things "should just be that way" or that its your fault. Always ask questions and don't just keep ploughing on.

Mick
That is so typical of me - I just keep on thinking what am I doing wrong and try to change something and try again. What was very strange (at least for me) was that when I put a beam of weld on the top of 1/8" al plate, it was very easy to make a good bead with a stack of dimes look. No sputtering or anything that would relate to gas being bad - just the opposite. But, every time I tried to join two pieces together it was a mess. Rising the current helped some like Steve suggested but couple of days later it was bad again. Bad gas was not 1st on my list. At least I learned something.