Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
ShadowHunter547
    Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:36 pm

Hi, first time here. I just recently started a job at a company that specializes in sanitary stainless steel pipe and tube. Im currently in their training program but the instructor they have for it is not at all good. He doesnt help anyone except 2 individuals (im not one of them) and tells the rest of us to figure it out. Im currently on a 2 in tubing weld that needs to be 3/16 in wide on the outside and inside of the tube. We are using scratch start tig machines. My main problem is getting the welds to be the same consistency inside and out and tailing off. Every single time i tail off i get a little pin hole at the end. I usually start tailing at the 12 oclock position keeping my torch steady as i shoot straight off the pipe. I feel like an idiot because i know how to do it in theory but in actual practice its no where near where it should be. Im at a loss and feeling like i should quit before i am there too long. This company has great benefits and perks that i love but if i cant figure out the work im not gonna make it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
20211229_120416.jpg
20211229_120416.jpg (2.02 MiB) Viewed 732 times