Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Knightlee
    Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:11 am

please help if you can I put her in the shed running fine she would crack off and wet out a 7018 like a dream pulled her out of storage cleaned carb, oil change new gas and runs like new. took her on a job and had to pull off 1st time in 40 years.I spent 2 full days removing every wire connection point fine sanding everything I could see new brushes and the shaft that the brushes run even the lead connectors. I checked the rods and even the old timer cracking off the rods with my syncrowave and to my surprise they both performed flawlessly after that i took her into my local welder supply and they made me a 180 bucks lighter with the same problem so here I am still not a clue just hoping that someone out there has been there and can help by telling what the problem might be as to pull the plug on the old girl would be like putting down the family dog.