Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
JustTheDad
    Mon May 18, 2020 11:20 am

I have a Miller 195377 Dinse connector on my TIG machine (dynasty 210), with a red hose that goes to the water cooler. I just ordered a weldtec i-head ball end torch and plan to swap out my weldcraft w200. I don't know how to remove the current Dinse from either the machine or the flex hoses that are on it, and I can't see inside to know if it's a push on or screw on inside the black plastic tube, and that relates to my question. The weldtec will have a 12.5' flex cable that comes with it, and I suspect someday I'll want to hook up the weldcraft again, especially if I need that 25' reach.

Is it worth getting a second dinse connector so I can just unscrew 2 water lines and that dinse to change torches? The Weldtec version goes for about $70 with a 6 foot water line coupler on it. (6' seems too long, but it can probably be shortened). There's also a Powerweld version for $32 on Zoro that looks similar to the miller one. The miller one would set me back $82.

Any advice?
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

I use quick connects from torches to my machines. Allows easy and rapid changes.

As for the hose end of your factory Dinse, it may not be able to be removed but you can buy new adapters and new Superflex hoses and make your own new lines.
JustTheDad

You can make superflex lines and add the connectors yourself? I didn't know that.

With the extras they put in the ihead deluxe package, the 12.5' superflex hose set only cost around $40 more than the torch stuff without the hoses. Really the hoses are 0 extra if I use the price of the weldtec parts in the package. If I'd gone to 25', it would have been $120 for the hoses with generic versions of the extras on eBay. Could I have made custom 20' flex lines with connectors for less than $120? The upcharge for flex lines from regular lines made me think they were really expensive.
cj737

Considering the cost of your Dynasty, and the time/convenience of quick connects, a couple hundred bucks vanishes quickly for the expense.
JustTheDad

LOL. It sure can, but I'm trying to be frugal. You won't remember but I got the Dynasty package from a Nascar team for 3600 with 54 hours on it and a 1 year warranty. Pretty sure you were one of the members who confirmed it was a good deal back when I was shopping for my son.
I'll grab a second Dinse connector.
cj737

I bought a used Dynasty 200 sight unseen from an eBay auction for $1,200. It had about 400 hours on it then. A decade later it has over 3,000 hours on it and all I’ve spent since buying it was $300 for some internal electrical components and the money for a 17/26 torch setup on 25’ Superflex cables with quick connectors. The time saved has exceeded the purchase price in my book :lol: