Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
bulletbusiness
    Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:21 pm

Just a newbie with Tig but thought the amp display on my machine would change as I fluctuate the pedal depression? Mine continues to display the amperage I selected prior to starting. Normal?
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Are you setup in 2T or 4T?
bulletbusiness

2T or 4T? Not sure my machine has that?
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

If it doesn’t have that, then does your amperage vary at the torch with more or less pedal depressed? Set the amperage to 150, then only depress the pedal a small amount. Is the arc strength behaving correctly?

I don’t have that machine so I’m asking some routine questions. If the display isn’t changing it may simply be a lack of feature to show the dynamic amperage used. As long as the pedal is controlling the arc, I’m not sure why you care because you can’t weld and watch the machine simultaneously 😉
bulletbusiness

Im pretty sure the amperage is changing as the pedal is changed-just thought some machines show what is being used and it didn't seem like this lincoln ever changed the display