Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
vdotmatrix
    Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:03 pm

Hi,
I am interested in replacing/upgrading my regulator.
Doesn't have to have the flow meter floating ball sightglass.
IMG_2316.jpeg
IMG_2316.jpeg (3.27 MiB) Viewed 4390 times
This is what I have now.
Image.jpeg
Image.jpeg (190.39 KiB) Viewed 4390 times
I kind fancy this Victor gauge.

Any ideas?
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

any reason for the upgrade?
i would look at a dual output. just handy for purging.
tweak it until it breaks
Jack Ryan
    Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:20 pm

I realise it doesn't help you much but I am curious how that is an upgrade. I would go to the ball type rather than from it. Is what you have of poor quality - or broken - that you want to change?

Jack
vdotmatrix
    Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:03 pm

Jack Ryan wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:19 am I realise it doesn't help you much but I am curious how that is an upgrade. I would go to the ball type rather than from it. Is what you have of poor quality - or broken - that you want to change? Tweak , Jack
The gauge said 400-500 psi forever and then my Aluminum welds started blackening like I didn't have any gas-i guess i didn’t have any gas.

This came with the AHP 201. I like big easy to read gauges. Anyone use this Victor regulator?
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

I use those victor gauges on every tank I have (3 argon, 1 MiG, 1x oxy/acet) and have zero problems with them. Since you have two bottles currently, purging from the other is simple (another good reason to keep two bottles).