Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
mllud
    Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:59 pm

Greetings
I have an old lincoln Idealarc. Im new to Tig and am just getting set up to start pracicing. I have an old stainless boat fuel tank that I am going to convert to a cooling tank. Im lacking a pump and am anxious to strike an arc and see what I can do. I adapted a garden hose for water in and a hose for water out.Ive read this as an option as to let city water just flow through the torch.
My concern is as the water flows thru the torch and out on the ground or down a drain doesn't that water create a ground back to the electrode. Even if I was going too a tank with a rubber hose the water in the hose seems like it would create a shock hazard at the tank. Water conducts electricity. Thanks for any Input Mike
mllud
    Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:59 pm

I suppose if my concerns are correct the fauset handle would also be a shock hazard. Am I missing something here ? It would be great to be able to afford a coolmate. Thanks again for any information. Mike