Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
WVDeere
    Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:13 pm

Putting together a bear proof deer feeder. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thatkid2diesel
    Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:38 am

I'll add a couple things.

First one is the connection point on an old farm boom sprayer. It was a 11:00pm quick job had to have it by morning on our family farm. Metal was very thin. Took my time to try to fill some other bug holes some of which kept blowing out, but I got them filled. Not very pretty but lasted to get the job done, and should last for a long time.

Second project I went ahead and did the same night. It is the shifter handle on a family friends John Deere Gator XUV 550. He has the clutch problems where it's very hard to shift. The last incident when trying to shift broke the shifter handle right off. Since then, the clutch has been fixed by the JD clutch doc and no more issues. I ended up tacking it in 2 spots, then took my carbide burr and ground down to center, then welded, continued to grind all the way down to the center all the way around to try to get a full weld. I used 1/16th filler rod so there wasn't much grinding needed to allow it to fit back in the shifter housing. Solid as a rock. I added pics of the carbide burr set I used. Inexpensive off Amazon and fit my Dremel. They worked great for this piece.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Hobart Ironman 210
Primeweld Tig225x
Primeweld 160st
Simclardy
    Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:41 pm

Thatkid2diesel wrote:I'll add a couple things.

First one is the connection point on an old farm boom sprayer. It was a 11:00pm quick job had to have it by morning on our family farm. Metal was very thin. Took my time to try to fill some other bug holes some of which kept blowing out, but I got them filled. Not very pretty but lasted to get the job done, and should last for a long time.

Second project I went ahead and did the same night. It is the shifter handle on a family friends John Deere Gator XUV 550. He has the clutch problems where it's very hard to shift. The last incident when trying to shift broke the shifter handle right off. Since then, the clutch has been fixed by the JD clutch doc and no more issues. I ended up tacking it in 2 spots, then took my carbide burr and ground down to center, then welded, continued to grind all the way down to the center all the way around to try to get a full weld. I used 1/16th filler rod so there wasn't much grinding needed to allow it to fit back in the shifter housing. Solid as a rock. I added pics of the carbide burr set I used. Inexpensive off Amazon and fit my Dremel. They worked great for this piece.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Toggatug
    Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:06 pm

Well since I want to try and lost more on here but the last job for welding I had was a get er done scenario there was no time for pictures.

Here's a common job type on our shop which involves some big natural gas torches and a whole lotta good ole leaded solder.

Here is a radiator I finished recoring just before lunch. It's from a CAT D320 engine which is used for a backup generator in this application.

If anyone's curious about any details feel free to ask.Image

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk