Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:08 am

1st pic is some end caps

2nd is a drain

3rd is just some MIG

4th is a hard 90° elbow and 5th pic is the penetration of it

6th is some mounting points

7th is a steering box

8th is a transom drain plug

9th is a Y for a fire boat house and flangeImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

amazing consistency.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil

motox wrote:amazing consistency.
craig
Thanks bud!

Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

Damn! 5th.. Nice work Man.. Makes me want ti get out there and practise some more, and more, and more.. LOl
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225

Just random pictures of the last monthImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

And a few more
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

aland
    Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:10 pm

Those welds are looking pretty spanky there 5th Street! :)
Cncdave
    Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:38 pm

aland wrote:Those welds are looking pretty spanky there 5th Street! :)
these were all done with your technique of “Jam on the peddle, feed rod, move,wait,jam on peddle, feed rod,move, wait...etc??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cncdave

these were all done with your technique of “Jam on the peddle, feed rod, move,wait,jam on peddle, feed rod,move, wait...etc??

Cncdave

Sorry, pedal.[WINKING FACE]

Cncdave wrote:

No just consistent foot pedal add filler mover add filler move etc. I do use that technique but only when it's very thick and not preheated.

BigD
    Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:56 pm

Moving my wastegate straight to the turbine housing for real boost control, the WG is so huge (V60) that I didn't have a nice way to dump it so I decided to do a smokestack. Can't wait to hear how it sounds (in addition to the 4" Ti side exit exhaust I plan to do)
r0nJRYI.jpg
r0nJRYI.jpg (51.43 KiB) Viewed 3661 times
Also haven't done aluminum for a while so didn't want to get rusty. I'd been looking for a calf raise for my basement gym but haven't found anything reasonably priced that isn't shit. So I picked up a few pads, a pair of pillow bearings, dug through my metal supplier's offcuts for 1/4" tubing and made my own. Even put to use the spare shift knob I got with my 4 speed. I sorta expected it to fail as I use a lot of weight for calf raises but it's giving me faith in my work. The middle thigh pad post sees a lot of load and been serving me well
csC8JOL.jpg
csC8JOL.jpg (48.49 KiB) Viewed 3661 times
weI0oBW.jpg
weI0oBW.jpg (51.43 KiB) Viewed 3661 times
aland
    Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:10 pm

Cncdave wrote:these were all done with your technique of “Jam on the peddle, feed rod, move,wait,jam on peddle, feed rod,move, wait...etc??
Cncdave wrote:Sorry, pedal.[WINKING FACE]
I understood. ;)

I'm going to give that method a try for a welding cart I am going to build.

As you jam on the pedal, I'm guessing you watch the puddle for it to get bright, and feed the rod, then move the arc forward, pause briefly and shampoo, lather rinse, repeat ???

I'm gonna practice on some scrap first, and will test various things out...the pedal seems better than using pulse, but I've seen people using 1-1.5 frequency on the pulse to get a similar effect.

My angle grinder died... which sucks. I bought one off ebay, but it hasn't arrived yet.

EDIT: Never mind, I found this video that Jody did. Seems Jody push the rod in as he pulses the pedal.

Alan

aland wrote:
Cncdave wrote:these were all done with your technique of “Jam on the peddle, feed rod, move,wait,jam on peddle, feed rod,move, wait...etc??
Cncdave wrote:Sorry, pedal.[WINKING FACE]
I understood. ;)

I'm going to give that method a try for a welding cart I am going to build.

As you jam on the pedal, I'm guessing you watch the puddle for it to get bright, and feed the rod, then move the arc forward, pause briefly and shampoo, lather rinse, repeat ???

I'm gonna practice on some scrap first, and will test various things out...the pedal seems better than using pulse, but I've seen people using 1-1.5 frequency on the pulse to get a similar effect.

My angle grinder died... which sucks. I bought one off ebay, but it hasn't arrived yet.

EDIT: Never mind, I found this video that Jody did. Seems Jody push the rod in as he pulses the pedal.

Alan
Ya kinda like that. With aluminum you're adding quite a bit of filler. I step on the pedal and start adding filler until the puddle is as wide as I like then taper off on the pedal while still adding filler until the puddle is calm then rinse and repeat. It all takes less then a second so it takes a bit of practice

Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:31 pm

Just messin around with some stainless
Attachments
sq1920 20180119_134513.jpg
sq1920 20180119_134513.jpg (57.99 KiB) Viewed 3515 times
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Look'n good Billy Ray.
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

Tag weld from one of our Civic Downpipes a few weeks ago, and an Intercooler weld from today!ImageImage

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Nice to hear from you. Great jobs as well.

Sent using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

+1

Looks really nice work & it's great when a familiar name returns on the forum - sadly a few have fallen recently - more newbies here now than vets.
Do keep posting pics if only to remind me how bad my eyesight is & Tig is best left to the young guns !

Very nice welds, good to see you stopped by Sam ;)
Richard
Website
Warrenh
    Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:31 pm

A flying bridge for a 28 foot boat. The first set are the original build to the customer's specs. He wanted all the lines from the bottom structure to continue into the top and the front legs had to land on top of the bottom pipes for control wire accesd. After completion he decided it was too tall. I had to cut it down 8 inches. I added kickers to match the bottom. Those are the second set of pics.
Also some interior rails that were built in place at a beach house in Panama City Beach.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Beautiful work! How long did the boat railing take you to build?
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
Warrenh

I had about 40 hours in the boat including the rework. Thanks, also. I like the boat work.

Warrenh

I had some pictures of railings for a home in Sandestin Resort. It was an interesting design. Built In the shop and installed by us ImageImageImageImageImage

Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

My daughter recons I need more exercise so she bought me a flatpak bike to ride in front of the tv at night instead if drinking beer and eating chips. My objection was more to questionable quality and suitability coming from a flat box, she assured me she researched it thoroughly and it would be suitable for me. She said if I peddled hard enough maybe I could make it to the beer fridge.

I assembled it, turns out it was made for the vertically challenged.
B1.jpg
B1.jpg (66.72 KiB) Viewed 3088 times
So I took it to the shop, cut it up and re-welded it with 3/4" sched40 pipe extensions to the seat and handlebars.
B2.jpg
B2.jpg (52.3 KiB) Viewed 3088 times
It fits me now and works. The peddle radius is still a little small, the peddle arms I need to look at closely as they may be die cast. The seat needs to be re-worked as currently it messes with my junk. The friction brake on the wheel is noisy. Overall the ergonomics is a fail but it was cheap right?
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'