Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

How many times have you had to patch the flighting on those augers? Nice work.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:42 pm

some practice with an aluminum box :P Image

crimas wrote:some practice with an aluminum box :P
Nice looking welds
Richard
Website
jernigan78
    Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:20 pm

Finished a new welding positioner project that I have been working with a local machine shop on. Ran some tests, works well. Played around last night running some autogenous welds with the torch strapped to my steady-rest. These were done at 2pps. Different amp settings for the different spots. I guess its a pen holder for my desk at work. haha.
Attachments
IMG_8752.JPG
IMG_8752.JPG (55.18 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
IMG_8744.JPG
IMG_8744.JPG (78.7 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
IMG_8742.JPG
IMG_8742.JPG (58.33 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
IMG_8741.JPG
IMG_8741.JPG (57.15 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
IMG_8740.JPG
IMG_8740.JPG (89.06 KiB) Viewed 2550 times

jernigan78 wrote:Finished a new welding positioner project that I have been working with a local machine shop on. Ran some tests, works well. Played around last night running some autogenous welds with the torch strapped to my steady-rest. These were done at 2pps. Different amp settings for the different spots. I guess its a pen holder for my desk at work. haha.
Looks great, would like to know more about your rotator build
Richard
Website
    Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

Awesome looking beads.. :)
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

Double post.
Last edited by GreinTime on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
GreinTime

Some aluminum on some intercoolers, and some titanium from Ticon in one of their sample kits! ImageImageImage

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

The titanium came out nice! Sucks having to wait for it to cool down though.
GreinTime

Oscar wrote:The titanium came out nice! Sucks having to wait for it to cool down though.
The whole thing was done consecutively alternating joint to joint. I think it's 4" sections maybe?

#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

GreinTime wrote:
Oscar wrote:The titanium came out nice! Sucks having to wait for it to cool down though.
The whole thing was done consecutively alternating joint to joint. I think it's 4" sections maybe?

Even more impressive!
dunkster
    Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:41 pm

Super nice consistency on the coolers there Sam!....inverter or transformer machine?

Nice TI work as well....jealous.
GreinTime

dunkster wrote:Super nice consistency on the coolers there Sam!....inverter or transformer machine?

Nice TI work as well....jealous.
Those are done with a Dynasty 350 inverter. I'd like to try one with a Syncrowave, just for shits and giggles.

#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
GreinTime

Oscar wrote:
GreinTime wrote:

Even more impressive!
I don't pay for argon :D :D I think I was at 35-40cfh with a postflow of 18 seconds out of a Monster16. I didn't think to turn the preflow up, or I probably could have gotten even less discoloration on the restarts.

#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
    Sat May 24, 2014 5:55 pm

what do you do when work is slow and nothing to do for a few hours, you bend and weld up a brushed stainless mailbox to replace the broken plastic one that was on a rotting pole leaning into your driveway... and throw a quick name letter on it in the last 5 minutes of the day using the notcher and a cut off blade on the grinder... of course the rental house is still nasty but there's a nice shiny mailbox! ha...

can't believe it took me this many years to buy a diamond wheel for my bench grinder... what a difference

raticus wrote:what do you do when work is slow and nothing to do for a few hours, you bend and weld up a brushed stainless mailbox to replace the broken plastic one that was on a rotting pole leaning into your driveway... and throw a quick name letter on it in the last 5 minutes of the day using the notcher and a cut off blade on the grinder... of course the rental house is still nasty but there's a nice shiny mailbox! ha...

Looks nice!
Richard
Website
    Sat May 24, 2014 5:55 pm

thanks LtBadd!
can't believe it took me this many years to buy a diamond wheel for my bench grinder... what a difference
Warrenh
    Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:31 pm

ImageImageImageImage
This is a remodel of a poling platform. The customer bought a new motor with a jack and the platform had to be elevated 12 inches. I also had to add steps in the front due to the width of the fiberglass top.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Warrenh wrote:Image
This is a remodel of a poling platform. The customer bought a new motor with a jack and the platform had to be elevated 12 inches. I also had to add steps in the front due to the width of the fiberglass top.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Looks good, welds and fab work!
Richard
Website
    Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:08 am

Battery tray for my truck from this weekend

Before cutting up the brackets and redoing them

After

And installed where it'll never be seen again.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Very nice!

Don't you hate hiding the good stuff?

Moz
    Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:08 am

MosquitoMoto wrote:Very nice!

Don't you hate hiding the good stuff?

Moz
Ya it was a bummer after I installed it haha oh well!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Bingo
    Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:03 pm

IMG_2551.JPG
IMG_2551.JPG (48.34 KiB) Viewed 2976 times
A pressure vessel repair today . Cut ,prep, fit, weld . Nothing glamorous but it's a paycheck
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Maybe not glamorous to you but involves serious skill and experience. Good job!
Now you have to elaborate on process and procedure used please.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Bingo
    Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:03 pm

Coldman wrote:Maybe not glamorous to you but involves serious skill and experience. Good job!
Now you have to elaborate on process and procedure used please.
the welding process is smaw (stick) we use 7018 for the vessel. This weld is a code or stamped weld it will be QCed under 31.12 boiler code ( no under cut or any indication while they pt it) and stamped with ASME stamp .after that we will hydro the tank to 300 psi twice the stamped pressure. This vessel is apart of a water treatment plant for a power house. Definitely not glamorous but I love what I do and being challenged every day and pushed to weld at a very high standard has put me and a very fortunate situation!