Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Warrenh
    Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:31 pm

Its been a busy two week span. 4 spiral staircases and a poling platform. You really cant complain about being busy.ImageImage

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Warrenh
    Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:31 pm

Its been a busy two week span. 4 spiral staircases and a poling platform. You really cant complain about being busy.ImageImageImageImageImage

motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

Warrenh
nice work .
clean and neat!
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
TheBeardedWelder
    Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:42 am

Not sure if this belongs herem but one of the mini sculptures ive created
20170613_091221_HDR.jpg
20170613_091221_HDR.jpg (39.43 KiB) Viewed 3436 times
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Very nice!
I have more questions than answers

Josh
mpete53
    Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:33 am

tool as clamp.JPG
tool as clamp.JPG (74.28 KiB) Viewed 3529 times
accidental clamp

I made this the other day for a different reason, but found it is good for clamping small parts for welding.

Reason I made it. about once a year I need to replace the rubber blades on my snow thrower. To install the end bolts you have to flex the rubber blade to get the bolt far enough in to get the nut on then turn the bolt to get it to thread on all in a tight space. The point on the tool fits into a small hole in the head of the bolt allowing it to be clamped and still turn. will find out if the plan works next time I change the blades.

I can't seem to add two photos so I will make a second post
mpete53
    Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:33 am

accidental clamp post 2

this is what I made it for
Attachments
tool.JPG
tool.JPG (36.25 KiB) Viewed 3530 times
Cncdave
    Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:38 pm

Warrenh wrote:Its been a busy two week span. 4 spiral staircases and a poling platform. You really cant complain about being busy.ImageImageImageImageImage

and I thought I was talented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cncdave

Warrenh wrote:Its been a busy two week span. 4 spiral staircases and a poling platform. You really cant complain about being busy.ImageImageImageImageImage

and I thought I was talented.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:08 am

Hey guys some pics from the last month or two I hope everyone has a merry Christmas!

1st pic is a seat hinge

2nd pic is a gutter with a gusset I added

3rd pic is an inset door latch

4th pic is just a long box that's MIG welded on the inside and just autogenous welded on the outside, I use small back and forth motion to get the ripples.

5th is the baffles from the inside of a fuel tank. Bottom weld is MIG side is tig.

6th is an air duct for a 67 cougar

7th is some bungs in a fuel tank.

8th and 9th is a boarding ladder bracketImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

1st pic is some end caps

2nd is a drain

3rd is just some MIG

4th is a hard 90° elbow and 5th pic is the penetration of it

6th is some mounting points

7th is a steering box

8th is a transom drain plug

9th is a Y for a fire boat house and flangeImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

amazing consistency.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil

motox wrote:amazing consistency.
craig
Thanks bud!

Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

Damn! 5th.. Nice work Man.. Makes me want ti get out there and practise some more, and more, and more.. LOl
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225

Just random pictures of the last monthImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

And a few more
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

aland
    Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:10 pm

Those welds are looking pretty spanky there 5th Street! :)
Cncdave

aland wrote:Those welds are looking pretty spanky there 5th Street! :)
these were all done with your technique of “Jam on the peddle, feed rod, move,wait,jam on peddle, feed rod,move, wait...etc??

Cncdave

these were all done with your technique of “Jam on the peddle, feed rod, move,wait,jam on peddle, feed rod,move, wait...etc??

Cncdave

Sorry, pedal.[WINKING FACE]

Cncdave wrote:

No just consistent foot pedal add filler mover add filler move etc. I do use that technique but only when it's very thick and not preheated.

BigD
    Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:56 pm

Moving my wastegate straight to the turbine housing for real boost control, the WG is so huge (V60) that I didn't have a nice way to dump it so I decided to do a smokestack. Can't wait to hear how it sounds (in addition to the 4" Ti side exit exhaust I plan to do)
r0nJRYI.jpg
r0nJRYI.jpg (51.43 KiB) Viewed 3666 times
Also haven't done aluminum for a while so didn't want to get rusty. I'd been looking for a calf raise for my basement gym but haven't found anything reasonably priced that isn't shit. So I picked up a few pads, a pair of pillow bearings, dug through my metal supplier's offcuts for 1/4" tubing and made my own. Even put to use the spare shift knob I got with my 4 speed. I sorta expected it to fail as I use a lot of weight for calf raises but it's giving me faith in my work. The middle thigh pad post sees a lot of load and been serving me well
csC8JOL.jpg
csC8JOL.jpg (48.49 KiB) Viewed 3666 times
weI0oBW.jpg
weI0oBW.jpg (51.43 KiB) Viewed 3666 times
aland
    Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:10 pm

Cncdave wrote:these were all done with your technique of “Jam on the peddle, feed rod, move,wait,jam on peddle, feed rod,move, wait...etc??
Cncdave wrote:Sorry, pedal.[WINKING FACE]
I understood. ;)

I'm going to give that method a try for a welding cart I am going to build.

As you jam on the pedal, I'm guessing you watch the puddle for it to get bright, and feed the rod, then move the arc forward, pause briefly and shampoo, lather rinse, repeat ???

I'm gonna practice on some scrap first, and will test various things out...the pedal seems better than using pulse, but I've seen people using 1-1.5 frequency on the pulse to get a similar effect.

My angle grinder died... which sucks. I bought one off ebay, but it hasn't arrived yet.

EDIT: Never mind, I found this video that Jody did. Seems Jody push the rod in as he pulses the pedal.

Alan

aland wrote:
Cncdave wrote:these were all done with your technique of “Jam on the peddle, feed rod, move,wait,jam on peddle, feed rod,move, wait...etc??
Cncdave wrote:Sorry, pedal.[WINKING FACE]
I understood. ;)

I'm going to give that method a try for a welding cart I am going to build.

As you jam on the pedal, I'm guessing you watch the puddle for it to get bright, and feed the rod, then move the arc forward, pause briefly and shampoo, lather rinse, repeat ???

I'm gonna practice on some scrap first, and will test various things out...the pedal seems better than using pulse, but I've seen people using 1-1.5 frequency on the pulse to get a similar effect.

My angle grinder died... which sucks. I bought one off ebay, but it hasn't arrived yet.

EDIT: Never mind, I found this video that Jody did. Seems Jody push the rod in as he pulses the pedal.

Alan
Ya kinda like that. With aluminum you're adding quite a bit of filler. I step on the pedal and start adding filler until the puddle is as wide as I like then taper off on the pedal while still adding filler until the puddle is calm then rinse and repeat. It all takes less then a second so it takes a bit of practice

Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:31 pm

Just messin around with some stainless
Attachments
sq1920 20180119_134513.jpg
sq1920 20180119_134513.jpg (57.99 KiB) Viewed 3520 times