Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
merc1030
    Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:07 pm

i have a 20 torch and want to get gas lenses for it and i am not sure if i need a different white insulator to accomadate the bigger gas lense collet body and cup.
    Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:22 am

That would depend on what gas lens you are using. I'm using a standard size with my flex lock with a standard size GL. If I put in a large diameter GL I would need a diff heat shield and a gas saver would require another one. What torch are you using and what lens are you trying to get?
Nick
merc1030

I have a praxon torch, I think that is how it is spelled, buy I'm not sure what type of gas lenses they ware, I bought them off of eBay. It said they would fit a 20 style torch but they do look quite a bit bigger in diameter
nova_70_383
    Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:51 pm

i have a 20 water cooled torch and i can use a standard insulator with the standard gas lens and gas lens cup. there is a smaller inside diameter that is used for the standard cup, and the larger gas lens cup fits down on the outside of the insulator. however, if you do want the large diameter gas lens ( almost 1" in diameter) then you will need a specific insulator, collet and large diameter gas lens cup. hope this helps out!
merc1030

Ok thanks that sounds like the info I was looking for