Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Taslesen
    Tue May 25, 2010 7:49 am

Hi

Might as well start off by saying HI to everyone and thanks for this awesome page.
haven't been welding for 5 years now and 2 weeks ago i bought a 200amps AC/DC Tig welder from Rilon (yeah,i know that its a chinaproduct but i cant afford to buy the bigger and better welders right now).

There is some buttons that ive hoped you could explain for me:

FOREBLOW
DUTY RATIO
ATTENUATION
POSTBLOW

And yes, im foregin. My grammar is not great,but hopefully you'll understand me ;)

Have a Nice day,folks!

Best regard, Thomas :ugeek:
red_sir
    Mon May 17, 2010 6:15 pm

Taslesen wrote:Hi

Might as well start off by saying HI to everyone and thanks for this awesome page.
haven't been welding for 5 years now and 2 weeks ago i bought a 200amps AC/DC Tig welder from Rilon (yeah,i know that its a chinaproduct but i cant afford to buy the bigger and better welders right now).

There is some buttons that ive hoped you could explain for me:

FOREBLOW
DUTY RATIO
ATTENUATION
POSTBLOW

And yes, im foregin. My grammar is not great,but hopefully you'll understand me ;)

Have a Nice day,folks!

Best regard, Thomas :ugeek:
If I had to guess I would say:

Foreblow = pre-flow
Post blow = post-flow
Attenuation = down slope
Duty ratio = pulse % on time aka pulse width

http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/tig ... tings.html
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Sounds like the chinese were tryin to keep the cost down-they obviously couldn't afford a translator :p Cheap bastards
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
tigamajig
    Wed May 26, 2010 8:23 pm

kermdawg wrote:Sounds like the chinese were tryin to keep the cost down-they obviously couldn't afford a translator :p Cheap bastards
if you want a cheap laugh ,...go to "harbor fright " or even a regal tool bin....pick up any tool and read caution label very closely.....you will find statements
such as; "massive injuries and minor death may occur"....or
even better....jack-stands with a "lifelong warranty "of course
,if they FAIL......you die, and your lifetime is over, so the warranty runs out.
..(like for cheap brake shoes)....