Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
TamJeff
    Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 am

After not having a welder at all, the most reputable machines that can be found used, for pennies on the dollar should not be overlooked.

This is my old sweetheart. It's currently set up for TIG and stick and it flat out kicks ass. I will never even touch the duty cycle of this machine in use and I used to weld with it sometimes 10 hrs at a time. I paid $800 for everything which was a Bernard water cooler, two WP-20 torches, box each of 1/8th pure and 1/16 1%, new ground and cables and stinger, new flow meter and gas hose and a large box of 5356 filler, assortment of collets and collet bodies TIG cups etc. The place I bought it from couldn't sell it. I knew what it was and what it could do.

The down sides are it uses more electricity but it is negligible considering and I don't really notice the difference in the bill with what I have done with it. That and I had to upgrade my electric service but i needed to anyway for other equipment and sub panel.

But man, to have that beast out in the shed and be able to weld just about anything, any kind of stick, anytime. . .priceless. . .and I don't have to worry about someone just walking off with it. Doesn't look like much, does it?
Miller ABP 330, Syncrowave 250, Dynasty 300 DX.
Honorary member of the Fraternity of Faded Tee Shirts.
Nitram88
    Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:18 am

I wanted to check with you guys on the eastwood so thank you rake. and thanks for the move Steve. I looked at the hobart but it's only a 165 and though I may never use it at full power I don't want to need it and not have it. I checked out everlast too and I really like this multiprocess Powerpro 205 its a AC/DC TIG/STICK/PLASMA cutter http://www.everlastgenerators.com/Power ... 79-pd.html I think it will work well with what I want to do and I can add a water cooler if I wanted to, it appears that consumables are easily available and having a plasma cutter is just icing on the cake for the price!
Nitram88
    Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:18 am

Well searching around and found this anybody got any thoughts on this? http://www.avortec.com/products/weldersAV5X.asp searched around and found some reviews they all sound like everyone is satisified. I think it's come down to either this or the everlast powerpro 205. Opinions please!
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

That's a good looking multi-process for the money - never heard of them before - would be nice if they'd send a demo out for Jody to review - there are so many machines on the market now it's difficult to know what's good - they are all cheap compared with red or blue - but it's still more money than most are willing or can afford to spend if it turns out to be junk.