Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
ajlskater1
    Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:32 am

Hey guys just wondering what brand gas lens you guy like and which you think is best. My work used to get ck but now gaets esab and I have noticed huge difference in the shielding. The ck ones seem to be much better.
    Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:19 pm

CK. Damn good, and made about 20 mins from my house. :mrgreen:
ajlskater1

Got a website where I can buy them? I want to get my own gor work?
    Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:22 am

I use CK torches and parts. Love em. I get it all from weldfabulous
Nick
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:44 am

Same here. CK through weldfabulous.com
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Ck, Mississippi Welding Supply, sister company to Weldfabulus, and sometimes cheaper, not sure why and Arc Zone sometimes.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

ajlskater1 wrote:Got a website where I can buy them? I want to get my own gor work?
arc-zone, cyberweld, amazon. :mrgreen:
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Whats wrong with the gas lenses, cups, collet bodies, collets, and tails/back caps ets from china?
Do they not hold up or what? :roll:
They are like, 1/5 the price of ck/weldcraft.
Are they any good
John :D
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
kiwi2wheels
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am

AKweldshop wrote:Whats wrong with the gas lenses, cups, collet bodies, collets, and tails/back caps ets from china?
Are they any good
You have obviously have never used any of that crap :o .............especially the gas lens !!
Wes917
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 pm

We use weldcrafts at work. All I've ever used

kiwi2wheels wrote:
AKweldshop wrote:Whats wrong with the gas lenses, cups, collet bodies, collets, and tails/back caps ets from china?
Are they any good
You have obviously have never used any of that crap :o .............especially the gas lens !!
what do they do wrong :roll: :!:

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
ajlskater1

Just ordered a bunch of ck ones for myself at work. Finally got sick of those esab ones. I can't believe thr difference.

ajlskater1 wrote:Just ordered a bunch of ck ones for myself at work. Finally got sick of those esab ones. I can't believe thr difference.
Enjoy! :mrgreen:

You have obviously have never used any of that crap :o .............especially the gas lens !![/quote]

I have not used any of these "cheap" tig parts
I was wonderin what makes them poor performance....
Thanks for puttin up with me
John ;)

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Sadly we don't have a decent LWS within sensible driving distance anymore so I will admit to having bought bulk consumables for Tig & plasma from " Shop River / River Weld " on Ebay - they have always provided fast efficient service are helpful & I've been happy with their product including some #17 size gas lens - only lens I had trouble with on close inspection had been badly contaminated by the "eruptions" from an oily casting - once cleaned it was OK - I could not tell any difference between the openly sold Chinese parts & the ones sold by our LWS - but they were well known for re-packaging no name stuff so you could have been buying anything ! I've never found a source of CK parts here so I don't know if I'd see the difference when using their products - it looks good & Jody likes it so I guess it's golden ! - do like the look of the flex-lock torches - ( Mr Tig also seems to like them - but did anyone think in his last video he looked kinda stoned / medicated ! )
ajlskater1

I can't stand mister tig but he does give some decent info. My favorite videos of his is tge ones where he went to the welding school and had the instructor demonstrate pipe welds. I actually learned how to weld pipe from that video.
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

The annoying intro's- the waiting for him to put his gloves on & his general manner irritate the hell out of most people I think - but as you say - he has provided some solid info in his video's in the past - I wondered if the recent influx of members was related to the fact he'd not posted anything for nearly 2months - I don't rate him anywhere near our own Jody - but I was glad to see him back on Utube - I thought maybe he was ill or something - the short bits he did at Fabtech seemed OK - but the recent gas lens one in his usual set he seemed a bit dazed - I hope he's OK as for all his quirks he uploads a video each week free for anyone interested & has actually helped alot of people - I think Jody is the king - but Kevin Caron - Wyatt & Lanse are all worth watching - every so often they'll show something you never thought of - or seen before.
ajlskater1

Ya its his attitude that drive me crazy. He seems very cocky and well his knowledge seems to be pretty vast, I font say the same about his actually skills. Everything is perfectly clean and on a bench sitting down anf I have never been wowed that's for sure.I really like lances videos. He does real world stuff instead of test strips and he is around my age lol. But jody is the best I have learned sp much from his videos. Having never gone to school he helped me a lot.

noddy says they will weld, :shock: what makes them crap for some of you guys :?:
thanks John

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
ajlskater1

Its the little differences. Like being able to run 5cfh and still getting proper shielding on the samev weld, how long they last. They will work but some of the more name brands. Like I noticed when I switchex back to ck verse esab I could run my balance up about 10 more towards the dc en side than I could with the esab ones but still achieve the same puddle and cleaning. That 10 percent gives ne that much more control.