Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
waynebergman
    Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:44 pm

I am building a single wheeled trailer to pull behind my dirt bike for hauling my kayak and things. I have recently bought a new everlast Power Master 205. I am tig welding this project and things are going ok. This will be my first Aluminum project as I have been welding with oxy/ace as a hobby for the last while and only worked with steel I have an Aluminum question.
Is it necessary to heat treat this unit after it is welded? Most of the tubing is 1" square with 1/8" wall thickness and some flat bar that is the same thickness? I will post some pictures in the project part ot this form in a few days......I have also heard that after welding the hardness will come back a bit on its own if left for several months? If I do need to heat treat it I could maybe use my outdoor pizza oven that can get up to 850 degress but not sure how to do this process if it is even necessary....thanks wayne
anthonyfawley
    Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:58 pm

not necessary