Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
DWRIGHT
    Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:37 am

Looking for input on the best water cooled torch . I have an Everlast 250 EX and want a small torch for it . I just built a cooler for it ,but the current torch is just too big .It has a DINSE connector now.
Rugar
    Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:40 pm

Besides the torch being to big, how do you like your 250EX? Did you have prior TIG experience before getting the Everlast unit? If so, on what machine and how does the 250EX compare.

Thanks, Gerald
Millermatic 251
Spectrum 300 Plasma
Everlast PowerTig 250EX
Everlast PowerCool W300
Harris/Victor OA
Craftsman 13 Speed Drill Press
ProTools Air/Hydraulic Bender
48" Brake
Compressor, Notchers, Grinders, etc.
Davidep82
    Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:07 pm

Just setup a 250 ex with a CK200 torch. Got the 1/2" DINSE and CK200 from Arc-zone. Using the Everlast cooler. It works fine; no problems so far. I had a bunch of WP20 torch consumables and lenses; did not want them to go to waste. They all interchange with the CK torches. And, I like the much smaller wp20/ck200 size.
kevn
    Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:21 pm

DWRIGHT wrote:Looking for input on the best water cooled torch . I have an Everlast 250 EX and want a small torch for it . I just built a cooler for it ,but the current torch is just too big .It has a DINSE connector now.
could you show what you made for a cooler?
I just ordered the prowerpro256 and was going to rig something up myself.

Just setup a 250 ex with a CK200 torch. Got the 1/2" DINSE and CK200 from Arc-zone. Using the Everlast cooler. It works fine; no problems so far. I had a bunch of WP20 torch consumables and lenses; did not want them to go to waste. They all interchange with the CK torches. And, I like the much smaller wp20/ck200 size.
do you have the actual part # for the ck200
is the dinse connector the same?
madcratebuilder
    Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:11 am

could you show what you made for a cooler?
I just ordered the prowerpro256 and was going to rig something up myself.
If you google "DIY TIG Cooler" you well get many hits for several ideas. Basically most use a carbonator pump, found used on evil pay from $50 up. A transmission cooler for a radiator. About anything you can think of for the tank. Stainless restaurant pans work well.

You can find used coolers pretty cheap. I picked up a used Bernard cheap enough that I did not go with my DIY plan. I added a inline filter, pressure gauge with regulator that added a few bucks to the cost. With coolant, hoses and quick connect fitting I'm in it under $250. I figure it's a one time expense that should last for many years to come.

This is cooling a Everlast 225LX. I love this machine, it's been a fairly easy learning experience mostly made possible by this forum and Jody's vid's.