Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
scragglepoo
    Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:45 pm

I just ebay'd a miller 330 a b/p tig, it has a bernard water cooler and supposedly all the options that were available including the gas post flow valve.
My question is do I need to run a specific torch? does it have to be water cooled?
It does have an old weldcraft torch don't know the model just not sure if it works and if the newer parts will fit it.
Thanks all. :D
metafos
    Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:02 am

Hi,

You can pick up a new watercooled torch that liquid air or any welding supply shop can get you ( 25 feet of cable). A 300 amp water cooled torch will set you back about 235.00 bucks, but it should fit onto the contactor block located at the output terminal of the machine. If not, a block for the new torch is around 30 dollars. Water cooled is excellant as the torch will work with 100% duty cycle, really makes a big difference when welding aluminium at higher currents. This price does not include collets.
scragglepoo
    Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:45 pm

I will stick with the water cooled setup, I just need to figure out what consumables will fit the thing.
Thanks for the reply.