Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Gary
  • Gary
    Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:24 pm

Hey Kevin ,
I just got my pp256 a few weeks ago and so far all I have done is TIG and I bet when you get your machine up and running you will not believe have nice it welds. I just finished playing around with mine just to get more experience using the 2T and 4T modes as well as fooling around with the AC Freq and slopes. I just have not set up to plasma cut or stick, but I have not even touched a stick since tech school in 77 so I dont know if I will even fire that part up.
Also I cant wait until Jody gets another video up and running with the 256 as well , I really like his videos they are right to the point without trying to go over your head just laying down a bead.
And also remember that everlast has a 30 day return if you dont like it, but so far I have not met anyone who does not like it..
Post back when you get your welder , I know you will like it.
Gary
Everlast 250EX Tig
Everlast torch cooler
Everlast 50P Plasma Cutter
Home Built 2 x 4 CNC Router table
Shoptask Bridgemill with CNC added
Central Tools 7" Bandsaw
Joe
  • Joe
    Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:52 pm

Thanks very much guys. This is all really helpful.
Gary, I think I understand the settings things now. I will download the manual for the 256 before I decide finally but I think I'm going to try to get the 256 if I can afford it.
Kevn, thanks very much for your input. Hearing that you've got friends with units that are a few months old and still running is reassuring news.
Gary
  • Gary
    Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:24 pm

No problem Joe,
when you get one please post here to see or call me or tech for info. It does take a few hours of welding to get used to one if you have never TIGed with pulse settings and seperate freq setting , But what I did to get used to the settings was to set up near my welder so all I had to do was lift my hood and reach over to make a change and tried to adjust everything I could just to see what it would do . So after a little while when it all sinks in you have a good idea of what knob does what. Then you get a few nice welds down then that is satisfying to know that you bought a good machine for a good price.
Have fun
Everlast 250EX Tig
Everlast torch cooler
Everlast 50P Plasma Cutter
Home Built 2 x 4 CNC Router table
Shoptask Bridgemill with CNC added
Central Tools 7" Bandsaw