Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
pro mod steve
    Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:47 am

How do you stay sharp? Went through 4 months of school to learn tig welding. I try to practice atleast 6 to 8 hours a week. My primary job at work is NOT tig welding. Sometimes a job comes around and I can't find my ass from a hole in the ground it is frustrating. I practice on different types of material different thicknesses I have followed the practice tips from this website wich have ben great. Any input would be appreciated.
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

When I wanted to learn/practice stick, I bought a welder and ran some 220 to my garage. Built all kinds of stuff outta it with some scrap metal I bought/found lyin around.

I plan on buying a DC Inverter and converting it to tig and get it hooked up in my garage. Not minding the price I think its an option. For me, finding scrap metal is the hard part :)
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
pro mod steve
    Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:47 am

I bought a Dynasty 200 just trying to figure out how to turn practice into real world knowledge since I don't know what welding job will pop up next.
    Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:48 am

Continue to practice with the five basic weld joints in different positions along with different metals and thicknesses and this should keep you sharp enough to get the job done.
fig4-1.gif
fig4-1.gif (33.66 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
Jim
Pipefitter/Weldor out of Local 396
Millermatic 252
Dynasty 200DX
Maxstar 150 STL
Spoolmate 100
Hypertherm Powermax 85
Miller Digital Elite
JD2 Model 32 Bender
Emerson 7120 Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw