Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
paul_s
    Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 pm

jigs.web.jpg
jigs.web.jpg (53.98 KiB) Viewed 457 times
These are 2 jigs that I made to help me put things on square. The larger one was for building my bench. It is a poor looking weld. The smaller one is a fusion weld after I found this site and learned a lot. There was no prep on the first one. The second one had the mill scale removed and was cut with the replacement tool. I don't get much time to weld but I think that I am making progress.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Paul,

What am improvement! Now keep your first weld around and when you are down or sharing with others you will have your first to show how much you have improved. I wish I had samples of my first welds.
-Jonathan
smc1118
    Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:13 am

how do you post pics
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

smc1118 wrote:how do you post pics
There are two ways. You can use a hosting site like Photobucket ot Tinypic, and link the picture, covered here:

http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/v ... =25&t=3755

You can also upload directly to the site. I do this often. Your pics, ideally, are e-mail size (there's a 250K max). At the bottom of the page when writing/replying to a post, is a tab, "upload attachment". Click it, click "browse", select the file, and click "add the file". Then put your cursor where you want the image in the message, and click "place inline". Finish your post, and click "submit" like usual.

Steve S
paul_s
    Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 pm

Now that I have my TIG FINGER, I should improve even more. I wish that I knew about this site before I started. It would have saved me some grief and frustration. One of my problems was rushing too much. On the leg of my bench, I just held it and started welding. If I had done what I have seen on the web, I would have tacked it and checked for it being straight before going all out. But as others have said, you learn from your mistakes.