Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
KnD83
    Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:15 am

Hi Everyone.

I don't know if I'm in the right place.I have Kemppi mastertig mls 2300 acdc inverter, bought food pedal R11F as recommended by Kemppi plus CK tig torch TL26 gas cooled 200A. Plugged everything together switch to remote, try to light up arc and there is nothing happened, tried few more times and still nothing :evil: . I'm run out of ideas what it can be, so maybe any one here had same issues and would like to help.?

Many thanks for any help.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome!

Your topic is in the right place...

We have members with Kemppi experience, scattered around the globe. I'm sure someone will be along with suggestions.

Steve S
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Welcome to the Forum.
We have a couple of members with Kemppi machines and they will prob be here soon.
Good Luck.
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

KnD83,
I took a quick look at their manual online and it looks to me that your machine is either high frequincy or lift start. If you're using the pedal and are not using HF then you'll have to touch the tungsten and break it away to make it start. If there's no reason not to use the HF I would turn it on also then your pedal will start the arc without touching the base metal.

I'm not saying that's the problem but with the info you provided, that would be a place to start.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

Good thinking Len...
I have seen that problem with my Maxstar 200....
If its in lift start, and you hit the thumb switch, nothing happens, you gotta put it in HF....
Hope this helps.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

I just thought of something, It will have the same effect if your torch has an on/ off switch also. I'm not firmiliar with their equipment but it might involve starting the arc with the torch switch and controlling the amps with the pedal. I'm guessing though that the pedal also has a start switch incorporated.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
KnD83
    Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:15 am

Found what the problem was. This foot pedal have a potentiometer stick out adjustment and for some reason someone made it stick out to much and even with fully released pedal, switch was pressed and that's why I could not light up arc, so any way, turned stick out down a bit and its fine now. Must say it makes a huge difference welding aluminium with foot pedal instead of torch switch.

Glad you figured it out.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

Glad we could help :D :D

Trump/Carson 2016-2024