Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

AKweldshop wrote: Oscar,
You can't blame Miller.
He bought it used, that's gambling, you don't know what the machine has been through, or how its been abused.
Thats like buying a truck on CL, you get it home, drive it some than the engine burns up. head gasket, for example.
You couldn't know when you were looking at it at the sellers place.
Its a time bomb. you can't blame Miller.
The honest truth,
~John
I bought my truck off Craigslist... The truck was in New Orleans... I was near Harrisburg, PA.

Steve S
Logosweld
    Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:43 am

TIG generates heat via an arc of electricity jumping from a (tungsten metal) electrode to the metal surfaces you intend to weld usually aluminum or steel
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Logosweld wrote:TIG generates heat via an arc of electricity jumping from a (tungsten metal) electrode to the metal surfaces you intend to weld usually aluminum or steel
Are you trying to be helpful?

Or just to add something to the conversation?

We would like to know what you mean when you post, but it's not clear.

Steve S
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

I like Miller. Never owned a Lincoln, but I believe it's like Ford vs Chevy. Well informed people are loyal to one or the other for good reason. If the budget will stand it go to a Dynasty 280DX with wet kit. If not, go used. I had a Dialarc HF 250 with all the bells and whistles, a great machine. I've heard others swear by the Syncrowave 250 DX, which gives you square wave, and AC balance. Either way get the nicest one you can find, fully outfitted with water cooled torch, and cooler. Buying one piecemeal will bankrupt you.