Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

Here's the Tig I learned on...still use it at times..,
Attachments
IMG_20140426_175417.jpg
IMG_20140426_175417.jpg (77.59 KiB) Viewed 629 times
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Very nice, what year is the high freq? I bet that will still work long after some of mine quit.
-Jonathan
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Nice setup Rick - your spark box has more features than mine.

Here's my first setup - that old Forney welds aluminum real good - nice soft arc :D

I use a big Airco now but still have the spark box.
image.jpg
image.jpg (65.65 KiB) Viewed 603 times
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
Rick_H

Thanks guys I'll have to look and see if I can find a year my father has had that over 20 years easily... Ive actually never seen another just like this, would love to find an old manual. The first thing I learned was tig alum and was off to the races from there. I guess I was always spoiled with a water cooled torch, still truly prefer them to this day.

I am actually happy I learned on an older style rig like this, truly taught me how to set up amps correctly and its scratch start... I remember the first time I used the Syncrowave 350lx at work that guys were complaining about...I just laughed and told them they had no idea..

If a guy wants to learn to weld I always start them on scratch start or lift arc.
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

To find the manual go to millerwelds.com - that's where I found the manual for mine. :)

It's probably one like this?

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o610g_mil.pdf

Or this: http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o610c_mil.pdf
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
Rick_H

Thanks Dave....you know I always thought it was just too old and never even looked on millers site... :)
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB