Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

What are you trying to do? And by brazing rods do you mean oxy fuel rods? I.e. something like... well, I just totally blanked on the name. Anyways, if you are talking TIG welding vs. OxyFuel welding, both have there place but both are equally suited for different applications. If you are making body panels or something that are going to be hit with an English wheel or planishing hammer, then by all means I would recommend OxyFuel welding it due to the softer bead made with torch welds. Structural, I recommend TIG welding, but again, we would need to know at least what you are trying to do, what equipment you have access to, and what material you are using.

Let us know and we will all be better informed to help you*
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
GreinTime

If all you are doing is body panels I would recommend oxyfuel welding/brazing or whatever it is that you are calling it. It makes a much softer, more workable weld, and anneals your piece in the process.

As far as TIG being outdated, it is a much newer process in the grand scheme of things than torch welding/brazing. And no one here will tell you that torch welding will ever replace TIG welding because its simply not true. They both have their application. And repairing body panels is not one of them where a TIG is preferred* if you plan on doing metal forming afterwards.
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

@Danny,
How many Aluminum bodied cars are out there needing this said bodywork? If you think that your going to find a huge following of people from this forum to buy into Aluminum brazing you must be smoking the hoogowl pipe. This is a welding forum and we consider brazing as a form of welding but we don't consider it to be the replacement for Tig welding, sorry.

Maybe you can find some tin knocker forum to sell your new and improved methods for gas welding Aluminum but this isn't that forum.

Len
Last edited by Braehill on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:34 am

Only ones I know of are some brand new trucks.
But I think he was saying tig was for aluminum, not aluminum car bodies.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
dirtmidget33
    Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Total spam post trying to promote product they sell!!! Or get conversation started about it
why use standard nozzles after gas lens where invented. Kinda of like starting fires by rubbing sticks together.
GreinTime

79jasper wrote:Only ones I know of are some brand new trucks.
But I think he was saying tig was for aluminum, not aluminum car bodies.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure the Tremor's are an aluminum frame and steel body, but I could be wrong. I know if you can get into their frame repair market you will make a killing as not many body shops are going to be able to afford their "approved" machines.
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

Hows the weather in Shanghai today ?