Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

I just got my Everlast PowerTig 200DX and unboxed it tonight. I was very upset. Everlast usually packages their stuff very well. My flow meter wasn't in its box. Instead the box was tore up and it was bouncing around inside. The tig torch didn't have it's teflon insulator on it. It wasn't in the package. This is why I keep extra tig parts around. The machine is in excellent condition. No dents or scratches. I hooked everything up and set it up to try some aluminum. Fired it up and ran some beads on aluminum. I have not ran aluminum since November but that is what I learned to tig weld on and it was like riding a bike. I think they turned out good. The machine ran amazing. Haven't got it fine tuned. I am still learning and getting use to all the functions and controls but so far I really like this machine.
Last week I got the Everlast PowerPlasma 50 and it has been a great machine. The only complaint I have is the trigger sticks a little. Since I do a lot of intricate cuts that require a lot of stops and starts, this is a big problem. I have it figured out but for the most part it has been a great little machine.
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

If you contact Everlast about damaged or missing parts they'll get the parts to you. I received an Everlast box and the foot pedal had come apart- can't figure out how a box inside a box gets FUBARred when the outside box is OK. I was able to put the pedal back together, no harm no foul, but on another purchase the flow meter guage was faulty and they replaced it right away. Does your flow meter work properly? In any event I'd call, and they'll take care of you.
Dave
aka "RTFM"

The flow meter works fine. My pedal was apart also but I figured out how to put it together and like you no harm no foul.
Matt
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

That makes me wonder if pedals are shipped in pieces on purpose.
Dave
aka "RTFM"

I don't know. Either that or just jarring in shipping causes them to come apart.
Matt
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

I don't think they would jar apart unless mine and your guys' are different. I had to press in one side at a time on the pivot to get it to pop apart. That would be a small feat to have 2 just pop apart like that. As I said, make sure the nut is tight on the pot if you haven't already!
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-

I will. I also have a correction, I have the 200 DV not DX. It is the same thing but mine is dual voltage.
Matt
rake
    Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm

I've had a 200DX for about 2 years now.

Mine arrived in one piece in spite of the package being beat to shit.
They use UPS and I've never had good luck with them. A friend of mine's kid worked at the local depot and
he admitted that the guys have contests to see who can throw packages the farthest. I don't know for sure if
FedEx is really any better but they have damaged a lot less stuff that I've shipped.

I love the way the Everlast welds.
I've been doing some part time work for a local machine shop and they have a Dynasty 200DX that's about the same age.
The Dynasty has gone in for repairs 3 times in 2 years and my Everlast is still kicking. I actually brought it to the
machine shop last week cuz the Dynasty is still in the shop. I've used this Everlast a lot and am extremely satisfied with it.

Long story short, even the expensive blue ones can and do break down from time to time.