Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
TwentyFourSeven
    Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:41 pm

The tig torch I have is Wp17 I do believe. It is not a flex head. I would like to switch just the head of the torch for a flex head as I am having to weld in some difficult positions and I think it will help me. Have any of you guys done this? If so do you have a reliable link to the part I am looking for? I have found them my self but would rather go with one someone here suggests. Thanks guys.
Lincoln Precision Tig 225
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

TwentyFourSeven wrote:The tig torch I have is Wp17 I do believe. It is not a flex head. I would like to switch just the head of the torch for a flex head as I am having to weld in some difficult positions and I think it will help me. Have any of you guys done this? If so do you have a reliable link to the part I am looking for? I have found them my self but would rather go with one someone here suggests. Thanks guys.

Any 17 torch will work, if it has a 3/8" 24tpi.

I'm partial to a weldcraft, but I sold it today and am ordering some from china...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251427793338?ss ... 1497.l2649
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
TwentyFourSeven

That's the one I was looking at but wasn't sure. I figured for $10, "what the heck" so I went ahead and ordered one.
'Stang
    Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:12 pm

TwentyFourSeven wrote:The tig torch I have is Wp17 I do believe. It is not a flex head. I would like to switch just the head of the torch for a flex head as I am having to weld in some difficult positions and I think it will help me. Have any of you guys done this? If so do you have a reliable link to the part I am looking for? I have found them my self but would rather go with one someone here suggests. Thanks guys.
Check out the CKWorldwide website. They specialize in tig components. Their torches are great. I am ordering the FlexLock with the superflex cable. You can adjust them to any angle, and they are rigid, so you can walk the cup if you want. Jody did a video on this torch. Check it out!
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

TwentyFourSeven wrote:That's the one I was looking at but wasn't sure. I figured for $10, "what the heck" so I went ahead and ordered one.
Here's the 4 torches I bought.
9, 17, 9f, and 17f....

Look like good torches.
My advice to air cooled tig torch owners.
Throw your regular torches away, and buy a flex head....and a tig finger.
IMG_9140.JPG
IMG_9140.JPG (62.4 KiB) Viewed 946 times
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

I saw the "F" designation on the torch name and looked it up... and see there are "F", "V", and "FV" flavors. I'm guessing "F" is for flex head, but what are V and FV?
Dave
aka "RTFM"
    Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:42 am

I think it may mean valve for the argon, but not 100% sure.
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

Correct, F stands for flex and V for a manual argon valve.
(Valve required only if welder isnt equipped with a solenoid for the gas.)
dirtmidget33
    Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Artie F. Emm wrote:I saw the "F" designation on the torch name and looked it up... and see there are "F", "V", and "FV" flavors. I'm guessing "F" is for flex head, but what are V and FV?
V=valve on torch body
F=flex head
FV=flex head with valve

Edit:
Looks like AndersK was posting while I was hunting and pecking on my phone
why use standard nozzles after gas lens where invented. Kinda of like starting fires by rubbing sticks together.
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

i use CK torches and have a flex-lock
put a small cap on it and you can fit it in
very tight spots.
just can't seem to get the photos right..lol
Attachments
IMG_1261.JPG
IMG_1261.JPG (104.16 KiB) Viewed 890 times
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
TwentyFourSeven

I seen those rotating heads. Those are cool.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

The Chinese 24 series also come with the same threads for the fitting. They are super light and the cups are super short for getting into tight places when you're welding under 80A.