Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

I was packing up to head to our shop for the weekend and the neighbor yelled at me and had me come look at his project. I just met the guy a couple weeks ago and he mentioned he was building a racing truck and I told him that if he needed anything welded just let me know. He is building a racing truck out of an 80's model Chevy S-10. He gave me a wooden frame and ask me to copy it out of metal. He preferred aluminum but would take steel. I priced the metal and when the aluminum was a couple dollars more expensive I went with aluminum. The frame is to hold a booster bottle onto the front bumper so I had to get the contour that same as the bumper since I drive an S-10 it was very easy. I am happy with it.
Attachments
DSCN0968.JPG
DSCN0968.JPG (58.36 KiB) Viewed 719 times
DSCN0967.JPG
DSCN0967.JPG (57.61 KiB) Viewed 719 times
DSCN0969.JPG
DSCN0969.JPG (49.78 KiB) Viewed 719 times
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
    Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:48 am

Matt

Nice reproduction job. He should be pretty pleased.

Trev
EWM Phonenix 355 Pulse MIG set mainly for Aluminum, CIGWeld 300Amp AC/DC TIG, TRANSMIG S3C 300 Amp MIG, etc, etc
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Cool. He is lucky to have such a neighbor.
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid

Thanks guys, I am still practicing up on aluminum. I just got a tig with AC capabilities so I am glad he wanted them flushed off because my butt welds looked rough but luckily my T joints looked good. I am very happy with how it turned out. That will look good on the front of that truck of his. That was an easy $50 :)
Matt
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Matt,
Your wife is so sweet to you!!
-Jonathan

She didn't weld that!!! She was out bow hunting with her dad and I was stuck doing it by myself :D
Matt

mcoe wrote:She didn't weld that!!! She was out bow hunting with her dad and I was stuck doing it by myself :D
No, no, no. She leaves love notes on the table for you!!! Not many wives would do that, unless that was not in fact from your wife? Oh dear :shock: :shock:
-Jonathan

:lol: She did leave me a note, We got a new paint marker and she decided to see if it works.
Matt

mcoe wrote::lol: She did leave me a note, We got a new paint marker and she decided to see if it works.
HA!! caught you!!! Which She????? ;) :o

Ok on a serious note, you did a great job there!!
-Jonathan

SHE as in MY WIFE!!!! :lol: Alison left the note and thank you. It was my first aluminum fab job. :D
Matt
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

mcoe wrote:SHE as in MY WIFE!!!! :lol: Alison left the note and thank you. It was my first aluminum fab job. :D

Only $50?? :?
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Several years ago a newlywed customer left a paper bag full of stuff for me. What she didn't know was, she left a love note to someone she called Sweetie in the bag. I, and the rest of the crew got a good laugh. For years I gave her crap about her little love note to me.