Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Pedro
    Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:04 pm

Is a ck20 and ck200 the same torch?
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Pedro,
Simple answer is, not exactly. I've held both of them up side by side and they look very much alike but there are subtle differences. You can check CK's website for an online catalog and it should tell you the difference. The ones I checked are both ridged and one looked like it had a 60* head and the other looked like a 70* head but I don't remember which was which.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Pedro,
I had a chance to look at the CK catalog and the only thing that stood out was the CK20 comes with standard hoses and the CK200 comes with either the triflex or the super flex hoses. I personally like the super flex hoses and would opt for them if I was buying a new torch. I have both and there's a noticable difference. They're very flexable even in the gas cooled version, I have a gas cooled Flex-loc torch that I use at work. No matter which one you choose, I would buy a decent cover for it, I use the nylon one, but the leather ones are nice also.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len