Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
cal50
    Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:10 pm

I have a Weldcraft HP-20 water-cooled TIG torch and I want to properly fit it for some titanium welding I need to do.
I can not find this torch listed and I am trying to cross reference it to fit a large gas lens for TI welding.

Any suggestions as to which large gas lens is recommended or what my HP-20 cross references to is appreciated.

(The HP20 is on the torch body )
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Welcome to the forum!

If I understand your question, you are looking for a gas lens and cups for your type 20 watercooled torch, correct? Consumables may not be listed specifically for the Weldcraft HP-20, but the "type 20" part of that name gives you the matching parameter.

Quick detour: apologies in advance if you know this already, I don't mean to preach. Air-cooled torches come in type 9, 17, and 26. Water-cooled torches come in type 18, 20, 24, and 25. Consumable torch parts such as collets, collet bodies, and cups for a type 9 torch, for example are interchangeable among manufacturers, so you can buy compatible parts from just about anyone.

This is a link to an online seller that I've had good experiences with (I have no affiliation).
http://www.weldingcity.com/tig-torch-pa ... n58-53n61/
If you click on the first link for "53N58 #4 Alumina Cup" and scroll down a touch you'll see an exploded view of a torch with what looks like a comprehensive list of consumables for different types of torch.

Is that helpful?
Dave
aka "RTFM"
cal50
    Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:10 pm

Artie F. Emm wrote:Welcome to the forum!

If I understand your question, you are looking for a gas lens and cups for your type 20 watercooled torch, correct? Consumables may not be listed specifically for the Weldcraft HP-20, but the "type 20" part of that name gives you the matching parameter.

Quick detour: apologies in advance if you know this already, I don't mean to preach. Air-cooled torches come in type 9, 17, and 26. Water-cooled torches come in type 18, 20, 24, and 25. Consumable torch parts such as collets, collet bodies, and cups for a type 9 torch, for example are interchangeable among manufacturers, so you can buy compatible parts from just about anyone.

This is a link to an online seller that I've had good experiences with (I have no affiliation).
http://www.weldingcity.com/tig-torch-pa ... n58-53n61/
If you click on the first link for "53N58 #4 Alumina Cup" and scroll down a touch you'll see an exploded view of a torch with what looks like a comprehensive list of consumables for different types of torch.

Is that helpful?
Thanks for the detailed response.

After few attempts I got thru to someone at Miller / Weldcraft and they confirmed my HP-20 torch is identical to the current WP-20 torch body and parts are interchangeable. There is nothing worse than ordering parts & waiting obly to find out they do not fit....

Again thank you for the reply.