Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Dave
    Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:02 pm

Has anyone seen the new CK pistol amp control for sale yet it looks like the hot ticket for hard to get to areas, just wondering.
Dave
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

It is available for purchase and shipping from your favorite CK Worldwide dealer. I'll have one in a couple weeks.
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

I am anxious to hear some feedback/reviews on this as well. Seriously considering it. Oscar, please let us know how it does and your likes and dislikes once you've had a chance to put it through its paces. thanks.
Cheers.
-Eldon
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
Dave

Oscar wrote:It is available for purchase and shipping from your favorite CK Worldwide dealer. I'll have one in a couple weeks.
It would be great to hear how you like it, I think it would be really nice on tight tubing areas in crappy positions.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

They already do make the rotary track controls, and the thumb-slide controls. Both of which I have, but have yet to use them at all. :D Buying more than one hand-amperage control at time from the same dealer also helps with pricing ;)
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

I find it hard to manipulate the rotary style with gloves on without introducing a lot of unwanted torch wobble. Hopefully the pistol style will be easier.
Cheers.
-Eldon
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
Dave

I tried the rotary and the slider they both feel awkward. I got an on off button easier to use I just set the slope up and down and manually pulse. better than a sharp stick in the eye. I think the pistol is going to be the hot ticket.