Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
WoodMotorsports
    Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:20 pm

After an email exchange with Jody I took the plunge and bought this old girl off craigslist for $800. She was a bit dirty, but other than that works fine (seller hooked up his tig torch to show it worked).

Before:

And after a bit of clean up:

Today I'm going to the shop to wire a 100 amp outlet for it. Next, I've got to round out the package. I'm leaning towards the WP20 weldcraft torch setup and a Coolmate 3 cooler.

Does anyone think it's worth the time to track down the optional gauges for the panel of this welder? I can't remember ever using them at tech school on the older machines.
Gary
  • Gary
    Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:24 pm

NIce Fine there wood motorsports,
those are great welders and last for years and years. I dont think I would ad the digital readouts to the welder unless you just find a good deal on one and "want it" , Once you get in the range of amps you have the foot pedal anyway.And from what I remember the freq readout for one of the Syncrowaves can get up there in price. But I will keep looking around and mention it here if I come up on one for cheap.
Nice welder , Good luck
Gary
Everlast 250EX Tig
Everlast torch cooler
Everlast 50P Plasma Cutter
Home Built 2 x 4 CNC Router table
Shoptask Bridgemill with CNC added
Central Tools 7" Bandsaw
WoodMotorsports
    Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:20 pm

I thought I should update now that I've built a cart and gathered everything to make it work....and work it does. I did quite a bit of the welding on the cart base with the machine and other than needing to get my skills back after a long tig vacation, all went well.

Rugar
    Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:40 pm

Nice find and good job on the cart. Wish I could find a deal like that!
Millermatic 251
Spectrum 300 Plasma
Everlast PowerTig 250EX
Everlast PowerCool W300
Harris/Victor OA
Craftsman 13 Speed Drill Press
ProTools Air/Hydraulic Bender
48" Brake
Compressor, Notchers, Grinders, etc.
torn7th
    Sun May 30, 2010 12:32 am

Thats a sweet set-up nice job..... :D
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Nice setup man!
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?