Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
waynebergman
    Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:44 pm

Having a hard time sourcing out 2% Lanthanated here in the Greater Vancouver area in Canada. No one seems to carry it that I can find. Looks like I should order it online so wondering if any Canadian suppliers out there that anyone knows of that ships to Canada and has the 2% lanthanated tungsten. ....wayne
gurew
    Thu May 06, 2010 2:54 pm

i have found some great deals on ebay for tungsten. i have been purchasing 100piece packs of 2" long 1.5% thoriated tungsten for around $80 shipped. not sure how set you are on local...but you can find some great deals in the usa
sschefer
    Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Same prob here in the U.S. Jody posted the info on using the 2% so I went looking and the best I came up with is 1.5%. I'm still hunting and will let you know if I find anything.
Highly skilled at turning expensive pieces of metal into useless but recyclable crap..
sschefer
    Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Bizzare, I hit it first shot... Must have been a bad search day the first time. Arc-Zone has it and it looks like they ship worldwide.

http://www.arc-zone.com/index.php?main_ ... dd_product
Highly skilled at turning expensive pieces of metal into useless but recyclable crap..
texas79
    Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:42 pm

ebay, I live in vancouver and had it two weeks after I ordered it online.
tigmaster
    Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:24 pm

2% thoraited....