Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
malmac
    Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:32 pm

I could really do with some help understanding the settings on the Kemppi MLS 2300ACDC machine with an ASX control panel.

For example here are some of the setting panels when doing AC welding.

But for example, where do you set the balance of EP to EN????

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I am sure that having the right settings won't instantly make me a better welder, but having the wrong settings is not helping either.

Regards

Mal
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey mate. I have DC kempiis. My guess is that the AC balance is set on that pink steps under the DC light. Press the arrow until the light is on the pink bit and adjust from there
Gavin Melville
    Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:31 am

Press Quick Setup. What that does depends on where you are. Once in quick setup then the arrows change which parameter you are setting. The non manual is here, http://www.kemppi.com/inet/kemppi/kit.n ... 112_en.pdf

Page 11 and 12 show what there is.

I understand the Finnish manual is better, and on the 23rd I'll have my hands on the Kemppi reps at a trade show. I'm taking a piece of wood, and we will have a meaningful exchange of views.

If I can help further by all means pm me or reply here. It's an amazing machine, pity about the documents.
taz
    Mon May 26, 2014 12:43 pm

I have the same machine.
The frequency in your photo is not the AC frequency but the pulse frequency.
If you are still figuring out your machine I would suggest you take out the pulse. Press the button below the synergic light until all the lights are switched off.
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

Its been a while since I used a Kemppi but you should get access to balance and freq using the quick setup button. Either toggle
or use arrows until % or Hz lights up
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

I feel sorry for you guys, if my welder had that many different controls on it I would take up golf. I'm starting to like my 1962 Air Products scratch start machine a lot better. At this point neither it or I have a memory option, now what were we talking about?

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Kemppis are fine power sources but that many settings you need to go on a month course to work it out. Far too complex for a joker like me. I gotta live by KISS.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
kiwi2wheels
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am

Coldman wrote:Kemppis are fine power sources but that many settings you need to go on a month course to work it out. Far too complex for a joker like me. I gotta live by KISS.

:D Many a true word spoken in jest . That Kemppi looks as bad as a Fronius . :o
    Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:23 am

Adjusting Kemppi's TIG welders is a real nightmare :lol:

Good luck, you are going to need it :D
-Markus-
Aleksi86
    Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:15 am

I learned bretty much welding whit Tig machine like that. When you learn it you can adjust most of the other brands too. Dont remember where to adjust balance or frequrence but i recall that there was settings that you need push Amp button to get more settings to adjust? but it on ac. and when that red light is on % or Hz you dont have other option then it is negative or posite balance or Hz and you are adjusting ac frequence... I dont know what kind of aplication you need thoos features but of course its good to use all features if needed. But pulssing AL can easily do on T2 and set up slope like 1,5s and down slope like 2.5s and starting amp what you want and pulse/lower heat like that.. Allso that AC MIX can be that where you can adjust it..
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Gavin Melville wrote:Press Quick Setup. What that does depends on where you are. Once in quick setup then the arrows change which parameter you are setting. The non manual is here, http://www.kemppi.com/inet/kemppi/kit.n ... 112_en.pdf

Page 11 and 12 show what there is.

I understand the Finnish manual is better, and on the 23rd I'll have my hands on the Kemppi reps at a trade show. I'm taking a piece of wood, and we will have a meaningful exchange of views.

If I can help further by all means pm me or reply here. It's an amazing machine, pity about the documents.
This comment came in early to the conversation, and went unseen by the mods until now. I just approved it, and am quoting it so it gets seen by the OP.

Steve S
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

BTW, Welcome to the forum, Gavin!

Steve S
malmac
    Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:32 pm

Thank you all for the rapid input.

Gavin, yes I got that fantastic manual when I bought the machine - and mine is in colour not black and white.

Yes I admit I have been overwhelmed by the control layout so it is really good to get to talk with folks who have used one of these machines or at least appreciate that it is not straight forward.

I will approach this from a different perspective this morning and let you know how I get along.

Regards

Mal