Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

@otto-

They told us 1 hour when I was working at the airport, but that might our state osha codes.

I ran my outlet about 100 feet to my garage (panel's on the other side of the house) with 8/2 solid wire cable. The electrician I had install it said it was about the minimum you could go for that length of run. Basically anything more than 100 feet he said I should run #6. But, im not welding at 200 amps on some aluminum either :p
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

The 24 hr thing is (or at least was) a fed. OSHA thing. Nothing keeps a particular job site from establishing stricter rules for safety, and I can't think of a more "safety oriented" place than an airport.

As for the electrical issues, I may have been confused for one of the many other "Steve"s on here. I rarely comment on electrical issues beyond my range of certainty. I have experience in three-phase and split-phase wiring in many settings, but it's not my trade, and I must consult the tables for run v. current EVERY time I wire something.

If I actually commented on wire sizes, I was speaking out-of-turn, and probably under the influence of beer. :mrgreen:

Steve
sschefer
    Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Beer is good, err was good, I gave it up 6 years ago. I don't miss it but I sure can't figure out where all them pretty girls I used to date went. All I ever see now are ugly ones that I would never date. Funny, they seem to have the same names as the pretty ones. Nah, just coincidence I'm sure.
Highly skilled at turning expensive pieces of metal into useless but recyclable crap..
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Steve,
They're all pretty when you've been happily married for twenty years. Flirting is not a crime. (Unless your wife catches you. ;) But after this long, she understands.

If you need to "drink 'till she's pretty", you have more than one problem! :lol:

Steve
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Alcohol is the cause of, and solution too, all of my lifes problems. The clerk at the liquor store said so.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?